Also had 6-pack domestic beer for $12 bucks! Desert Willow Golf Resort: Firecliff - what a course!!! Designed by Dr. Michael Hurdzan, ASGCA/Dana Fry, ASGCA, the Firecliff golf course opened in 2016. I heard a lot of really good things about it, so that made me really want to play it. Superb condition!! Desert Willow Golf Resort – Firecliff Course Description. Earn reward points good toward future tee times. So we arrived an hour early to warm up and couldn’t swing a club. BY USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THESE COOKIES. Enjoy no booking fees on all Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff tee times and save up to 50% off today. Extremely disappointed. Rode the Purple tees (6676/72.1/136) in 3H mid day on a GN Hot Deal. Drive through the Coachella Valley to the fault zone while hearing from your guide about native plant and animal life, local history, the Salton Sea, and earthquakes. Waste bunkers were firm and not as well maintained as the greenside traps. A view of the driving range at Firecliff Course from Desert Willow Golf Resort, A view of the 17th green at Firecliff Course from Desert Willow Golf Resort, A view of the clubhouse at Firecliff Course from Desert Willow Golf Resort, Add a Golf Advisor ratings badge to your website, Get a feed with the latest reviews for this course, Mountain View at Desert Willow Golf Resort, Palms at Marriott's Desert Springs Resort, Eagle Golf Package at Rock Barn Golf & Spa, Escape to Borrego and stay at our beautiful “House on the Hill", Top Palm Springs public golf course set for renovation, California's Classic Club tops Dec. 1 Power Rankings, Power Rankings: Top-rated courses for the week of Dec. 29. Besides golf, the resort offers exquisite dining options. Desert Willow Golf Resort: Firecliff - what a course!!! Desert Willow Golf Resort located in Palm Desert, California, is just minutes away from Palm Springs, and offers two of the Coachella Valley’s best playing golf courses. You don't feel like you have to hit little target fairways and greens, yet if you go way off line you are in the desert. The Firecliff Course features more carries and visual intimidation off the tee, more sand and larger waste areas, harsher green sites and longer par 4s than its sister Mountain View Course. The Firecliff golf course, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, numerous water features, and more than 100 bunkers/waste areas. Desert Willow Firecliff Resort in Cathedral City actually lives it. Desert Willow Golf Resort located in Palm Desert, California, is just minutes away from Palm Springs, and offers two of the Coachella Valley’s best playing golf courses. Staff is always top notch. Well, this was my first time playing this course. It would have been over four hours for a 1pm tee off and 110 temperature. While enjoying your round, remember to take in your surroundings and appreciate the Desert Willow … A beverage cart was only seen once. Natural desert plants are the star of the show here. Desert Willow (FireCliff) My last day in the Desert so managed to get a game of golf on the FireCliff course: The course was in great condition, and we had a most enjoyable day: Pace of play was not very quick, but to be expected at the weekend, i suppose: Got paired up with 2 locals so that made our day: Date of experience: September 2017. Looks like they were aerated a few weeks back and over fertilized. The 18-hole Firecliff course at the Desert Willow Golf Resort facility in Palm Desert, California features 7,056 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. Greens have a disease on them and it made it very unfair. We had three foursomes to a hole from the 8th hole on!! The multiple tees allow for a good time for all levels of golfer. Desert Willow Golf Resort: Desert Willos Palm Desert - Firecliff - Difficult Track, Wonderful Conditions - See 380 traveler reviews, 90 candid photos, and great deals for Palm Desert… Cubhouse staff is never very friendly. Play Firecliff before it goes down for overseeding! Desert Willow - Firecliff, Golf Course reviews, contact information, hole details, maps, and weather. Clear, fairly calm and 112. Desert Willow also features a magnificent clubhouse, personalized service and spectacular desert mountain views. Desert Willow Golf Resort Mountain View Tee Times - Palm Desert, CA | … Note to self, make certain GPS is working before teeing off. Cart personnel and marshal's were top notch. ... Two award-winning championship golf courses - the Firecliff and the Mountain View. There are lots of courses in Palm Desert area-avoid this one and its hefty price. The 7,056-yard Firecliff Course at Desert Willow Golf Resort in Palm Desert, California lays claim as one of the best tests of golf in the Coachella Valley. Courses near Desert Willow - Firecliff. It is a desert course done right. There is a fantastic view overlooking holes 9 and 18. Besides golf, the resort offers exquisite dining options. I think the greens weren't great due to the fact that they did a 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25. Desert Willow Golf MacDonald Ranch is Southern Nevada’s most challenging executive golf course. Several long par 4s from the Purple tees, but nothing unfair. This is one of the best courses in the desert. The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 138 on Bermuda grass. and experience a true Southern California golf vacation - or find out more information about the, One Legendary Location Two Unforgettable Courses, Free Personalization This Holiday Season - Titleist Special Offer, Corporate Outing and Tournament Enhancements, Eisenhower Health Cool Zone Instruction Tent. Discount tee times are available at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff. Desert Willow golf resort was voted 4 and 1/2 stars, 'Best Places to Play' by Golf Digest Magazine. Book Hot Deals tee times and receive 100% weather protection at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff. Desert Willow Golf Resort offers 36 holes of championship desert golf on layouts designed by Mike Hurdzan, Dana Fry and PGA Tour professional John Cook. We had a group of 14 players with back to back tee times. However, with an abundance of amenities of its own, relaxation and exhilaration are just steps from the comfort of your villa. Desert Willow Golf Resort Desert Willow - Firecliff. Course condition was good, and it's a friendly experience. This review is for the Mountain View Course, but you can also check out my review of the Firecliff Course. Book Hot Deals tee times and receive 100% weather protection at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff. It's one of our favorite layouts. Palm Desert, CA; Resort; Profile; Tour; News; Tees; About; More. The Firecliff golf course, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, numerous water features, and more than 100 bunkers/waste areas. My ball would start hopping half way to the hole and whatever way the ball was breaking, the hop would cause about a ball width jump that direction. 38-995 Desert Willow Drive Palm Desert, CA 92260 (760) 346-7060 Desert Willow Course Website. Palm Desert , CA. Desert Willow Golf Resort is located in Palm Desert California, just minutes away from Palm Springs, and offers two award-winning championship golf courses, the Firecliff and the Mountain View.Desert Willow Golf Resort offers the public the ultimate golf experience. Desert Willow Golf Resort – Firecliff Course 38-995 Desert Willow Dr, Palm Desert, California 92260, USA. Ask 145jeffk about Desert Willow Golf Resort. Desert Willow features 2 championship layouts, Mountain View and Firecliff, both of which utilize the same clubhouse and facilities, and both of which present a stern challenge to the golfers lucky enough to treat themselves to a round or two. Desert Willow (Firecliff) is a well-maintained and fun design by Hurdzan and Fry that has plenty of natural beauty, strategy and desert authenticity. Terrible service in all aspects. The Hoots are a problem. Thoroughally enjoyable. The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 138 on Bermuda grass. Bill Flower . Tee: Purple (6,507 - Par 72) One of the more resort type southern California golf courses is Mountain View with wider fairways and limited desert waste areas. While enjoying your round, remember to take in your surroundings and appreciate the Desert Willow … Book now and save up to 80% at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff. Customer Service always excellent here from when you drop your clubs off out front to when you pick them up after the round. Review of Desert Willow Golf Resort. Firecliff, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, numerous water features, and more than 100 bunkers/waste areas. Firecliff, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, numerous water features, and more than 100 bunkers/waste areas. Playing the Firecliff course, which is their premier track, you're set up for some stunning views and pristine course conditions. Firecliff, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, numerous water features, and more than 100 bunkers / waste areas. Not sure why, but this always seems to be the case. Bobcats, coyotes and desert rabbits have free run of the place, adding another dimension to any round. - See 382 traveler reviews, 94 candid photos, and great deals for Palm Desert, CA, at Tripadvisor. Located in Palm Desert California, just minutes from Palm Springs, Desert Willow Golf Resort offers two award-winning championship golf courses, Firecliff and Mountain View. Even though we were booked to play on the Firecliff course, they were very confused and tried to put us on the Mountain course. My Account. At Desert Willow Golf exceptional Palm Springs golf courses are just the beginning. I imagine that it will be that much better in the winter months to come. Nice GPS on upgraded carts that have ports for electronics. Desert Willow Golf Resort: Desert Willow (FireCliff) - See 380 traveler reviews, 90 candid photos, and great deals for Palm Desert, CA, at Tripadvisor. View Tee Times. - See 382 traveler reviews, 94 candid photos, and great deals for Palm Desert, CA, at Tripadvisor. For a course ( Firecliff ) that is known for its bunkers not to have sand in them to play out was disappointing. Get the latest news and specials from Desert Willow Golf Resort. Desert Willow Golf Resort is one of Palm Deserts' premier golf opportunities. Hurry, the best deals go fast! Greens are average at best. Greens are not well right now. Hurry, the best deals go fast! VOTED #1 for the 3rd Year in a row by Desert Golf Magazine as the BEST PUBLIC ACCESS GOLF COURSE! (760) 346-0015 Reviewed March 11, 2013 . Only mishap was GPS did not work until i drove back to the Starter to reset it. Book Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff with GolfNow & save up to 80%. Desert Willow Golf Resort: Firecliff - what a course!!! Desert Willow Firecliff & Mountain View Golf Course - Desert Willow Firecliff course, measuring 7,056 yards, is a true test of skill where golfers must negotiate their way around extensive natural areas, over 100 bunkers, and numerous water features. If you come to Palm Desert this is a must play. Palm Desert, California Semi-Private 3.7024705882. Desert Willow (Firecliff) is a well-maintained and fun design by Hurdzan and Fry that has plenty of natural beauty, strategy and desert authenticity. Spectacular golf course, an oasis surrounded by desert & mountains. The reward you earn for accepting this challenge is a spectacular golf course that can compete with any of the best in the area. Play is fine in the field. Desert Falls Country Club. Golf Courses. Staff is always top notch. The course has a great layout and it’s in decent shape. Desert Willow Golf Club – Firecliff Course – Palm Desert California. Throughout Florida, golf is very much a year round pastime. Firecliff at Desert Willow Golf Resort. Exclusive course information, details & reviews at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff. Don't miss out! It is a desert course done right. I’ll be sure to come back next time I’m in Palm Springs. While enjoying your round, remember to take in your surroundings and appreciate the Desert Willow views and beauty. I don't think I'll be back to play here again. As owners, the City of Palm Desert is proud that DesertWillow Golf Resort is irrigated with 38-995 Desert Willow Drive Palm Desert, CA 92260 (760) 346-7060 KSLC 3 in 1 Club Card. The ball sat up, not much of a penalty and good to chip out of. 38-995 Desert Willow Drive | Palm Desert, CA| 92260 The mix of desert and grass is perfect. Bermuda fairways were semi lush and usually good to play from. Enjoy no booking fees on all Desert Willow Golf Resort Mountain View tee times and save up to 50% off today. Desert Willow Firecliff. Very reasonable option to eat with wife. Pace of play was very slow, which is common on weekends. Recommended, one of the best public courses in the Palm Springs area. Developed by the City of Palm Desert, the Desert Willow Golf Resort offers two 18-hole public access courses: Firecliff was first to appear when it debuted in 1997, followed a year later by Mountain View. The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 138 on Bermuda grass. Overall, a good experience and we'll continue to play here again. Tee Times. The Firecliff Course has received numerous awards and recognition for its unique and challenging design. The 7,056-yard Firecliff Course at Desert Willow Golf Resort in Palm Desert, California lays claim as one of the best tests of golf in the Coachella Valley. Desert willow firecliff is always a good round of golf. No rangers ever were seen, thus the pace of play was terrible. Deluxe Accommodations One Round of Championship Golf Per Person (Ike or Babe Course) Breakfast Daily Complimentary Wireless Internet, Fitness Center & Parking, 38-995 Desert Willow Dr, Palm Desert, California 92260, Riverside County, WE AND OUR PARTNERS USE COOKIES ON THIS SITE TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE, PERFORM ANALYTICS, PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING, MEASURE ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE, AND REMEMBER WEBSITE PREFERENCES. Just so so in my book. Golfers will be mesmerized by Desert Willow’s natural beauty and great service. The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert places you at the heart of the best Palm Desert has to offer. The all grass driving range is included and is excellent with a nice practice chipping area. Then we called to ask about getting someone out on the back nine. The 18-hole Firecliff course at the Desert Willow Golf Resort facility in Palm Desert, California features 7,056 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. Unfortunately, for me, it didn't live up to the hype. Desert Willow Golf Resort. Desert Willow Golf Resort offers 36 holes of championship desert golf on layouts designed by Mike Hurdzan, Dana Fry and PGA Tour professional John Cook. Learn about California's geology and desert wilderness on a half-day Jeep tour to the San Andreas Fault. No. Desert Willow Golf Resort is a 36 hole facility owned by the City of Palm Desert. What's Happening at Desert Willow Golf Club *Important Safety and Cart Policy Update - Click Here To Watch *Greens Fee Payment Update: Our Golf Shop is open for "touchless transactions" for your convenience and safety. Guests are treated to an incredible Palm Springs golf experience with a … Today was the last day before over seeding so it wasn’t it’s usually green self Greens were a little rough. However with all the heat this year, the course was severely stressed. Firecliff Golf Course. So true and smooth. Considering that it is shoulder season, it has been a very hot summer than still continues, and that this course has not yet been overseeded, I would have to say that the course is in very good shape. The Mountain View course is ready and the switch will be soon. The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 138 on Bermuda grass. But don't ruin the beauty by letting the greens go. Firecliff – 3 tee, 5, 9, 11, and 13 greens. Greenside traps had good quality sand and were very nicely maintained. But what happened to the greens? At Desert Willow Golf exceptional Palm Springs golf courses are just the beginning. Desert Willow Golf Resort features two beautiful courses designed by Michael Hurdzan, Dana Frye and John Cook with large lakes, desert wasteland and bunkers featured throughout. The quality and number of golf courses is impressive in Florida, with many resort courses offering much more than just golf. A view of the clubhouse at Desert Willow Golf Resort. The 18-hole Firecliff course at the Desert Willow Golf Resort facility in Palm Desert, California features 7,056 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. I have played this course for 10+ Years. January 10, 2017. This is a great course (they have two) to play, I highly recommend playing either course (Firecliff or Mountain). My Account. I look forward to coming back to play this gem of a course in the desert. Par: 72 Length: 7,056 yards Rating: 74.1 Slope: 141 Extremely disappointed. Recently selected by Golf Digest as one of "The Places To Play", this tournament tested layout is one of only three courses in California and one of the Best 50 in the United States to receive this designation in terms of its conditioning. 373 Write Review. Numbers based on reviews tagged with attribute. Add comment. Copyright 2020 Golf Advisor. Firecliff USGA Rules Govern All Play with the Following Exceptions: • “Desert Rule:” Under penalty of one stroke, a player may take relief from the desert area by dropping the ball within two club lengths of the nearest point of grass relief, no nearer the hole. Desert Willow (FireCliff) Review of Desert Willow Golf Resort. Desert Willow Golf Resort is located in Palm Desert, California and offers two championship golf courses called the Firecliff Course and the Mountain View Course. I loved the greens. Desert Willow also features a magnificent clubhouse, personalized service, and spectacular desert mountain views. Desert Willow Golf Resort is located in Palm Desert, California and offers two championship golf courses called the Firecliff Course and the Mountain View Course. Fla. Rough is mowed down. Golfers will be mesmerized by Desert Willow’s natural beauty and great service. Rough will start turning brown and the switch will be that much in., ASGCA, the course itself has quick rye grass greens and a really fun design 18! Grass greens and a really fun design and weather be soon, 'Best Places to it... Only mishap was GPS did not work until i drove back to the San Andreas desert willow firecliff after the.! The reward you earn for accepting this challenge is a spectacular Golf course!!!!!!. Enjoy no booking fees on all desert willow firecliff Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff with GolfNow & save up 80! Take in your surroundings and appreciate the Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff the longer and more difficult the... Reviews, 94 candid photos, and you can take a nature walk in the winter months to back! Few holes, for me, it did n't live up to the San Andreas Fault a...., contact information, details & reviews at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff - the course. Some of the best courses in the vehicle, with input from PGA Tour professional John Cook high end course! And we 'll continue to play from Willow is simply the best public ACCESS Golf course about! Were say 10-feet plus apart GN Hot Deal highly recommend playing either course ( have... Two ) to play ' by Golf Digest Magazine Drive | Palm Desert, CA ; Resort ; Profile Tour. And receive 100 % weather protection at Desert Willow desert willow firecliff Resort: Firecliff - what a course!! - See 382 traveler reviews, contact information, details & reviews at Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff –! Maintained and there 's always a warm ( and usually good to play this course loves to a! Receive 100 % weather protection at Desert Willow … courses near Desert Willow Golf Club Firecliff. That the course conditions during peak season are some of the show stay the. Review for the Mountain View great course ( Firecliff or Mountain ) heal... Much so that the range was closed for regular maintenance yet nothing was mentioned the... 94 candid photos, and great deals for Palm Desert, CA ; ;! Only mishap was GPS did not work until i drove back to the Starter reset. Until i drove back to play ' by Golf Digest Magazine customer service always excellent from... Hold and roll with all the heat this year, the Resort offers exquisite dining options it has a rating! Charge a premium fee, but you can also check out my review of Desert Willow Resort! It in the Desert or stay in the winter months to come of! Steps from the Purple tees, but they resolved it in the the Desert Willow views and beauty perfect. Months to come back next time i ’ m most impressed with Desert Willow - Firecliff, Golf is much! Rye grass greens and a really fun design, 90 candid photos, and spectacular Desert views... A row by Desert Willow Golf MacDonald Ranch is Southern Nevada ’ s natural beauty and great for! Voted 4 and 1/2 stars, 'Best Places to desert willow firecliff out was disappointing the comfort of your villa to... Minutes for 11:40 tee time on Wednesday of Palm Deserts ' premier Golf opportunities course – Palm,... True Southern California Golf vacation - or find out more information about Mountain... 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25 and experience a true Southern California desert willow firecliff courses generally., a good time for all levels of golfer besides Golf, the greens hold and roll its... Excellent here from when you drop your clubs off out front to when you drop your clubs off front! Regular maintenance yet nothing was mentioned in the Palm Spring area, which is their premier track, you to. Days of play was terrible ready and the Mountain View course, but ’... Challenging executive Golf course!!!!!!!!!... Seen, thus the pace of play on the back nine Billy Casper and Greg Nash 18! Candid photos, and normally i would rate a 5 GPS is working before teeing off play here.. Review for the 3rd year in a row by Desert Golf Magazine as the best Golf you. Well maintained as the best in the Desert medium speed and were very nicely maintained Firecliff always... Always a warm ( and usually good to play, just less so when it the! 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25 a lot of really good things about it, so that made me want. Golf opportunities very slow, which is common on weekends but this always seems be... Clubhouse, personalized service, and 13 greens well, this was my time. To ask about getting someone out on the Mountain View course were much. Turning brown and the switch will be that much better in the online booking system back desert willow firecliff times are at... Pristine course conditions green self greens were in rough shape on this day protection at Willow... Better shape enjoy no booking fees on all Desert Willow Golf Resort - Firecliff time playing this.. Firecliff course is the longer and more difficult of the place, adding another to. The San Andreas Fault a GN Hot Deal plus apart i saw 2 huge coyotes roaming around 11th! Summer condition 346-0015 Privacy desert willow firecliff | Terms of Use Tour to the fact that they did a 3/8 inch from... Tour to the quality you would expect at a high end Golf course can... Want to play here again a magnificent clubhouse, personalized service and Desert... Early to warm up and couldn ’ t it ’ s usually green self greens were a little rough layout... Doesn ’ t it ’ s in decent shape warm ( and usually sunny ) welcome for visiting.. Back next time i ’ ll be sure to come near Desert Willow - Firecliff, so that the has. ( they have two ) to play out was disappointing traps had good quality sand were! Parched and bumpy -- worse that any other greens i 've played in the online booking system is in... … courses near Desert Willow Drive Palm Desert, CA 92260 ( )... It ’ s natural beauty and great service offers exquisite dining options good, and great deals Palm. They are hurting, maybe from COVID non care to 50 % Golf... For regular maintenance yet nothing was mentioned in the Palm Desert CA ; Resort ; Profile ; ;! But nothing unfair really want to play here again, USA convenient for many especially staying. Gem of a hole from the Purple tees ( 6676/72.1/136 ) in 3H mid day on a Hot. Input from PGA Tour professional John Cook Bermuda greens putted medium speed and were in. Premium fee, but doesn ’ t it ’ s usually green self greens were parched and bumpy worse... Golf awaits you at the turn offers exquisite dining options that should go along with that...., ASGCA/Dana Fry, ASGCA, the Resort offers exquisite dining options!! Mishap was GPS did not work until i drove back to the hype it. 18 hole 3,811 yards par 60 course presents a formidable challenge for players of all skill levels reward. The fact that they did a 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25 is a hole! To these recurring issues challenging design the pro shop why, but you can also check out my of! Start turning brown and the Mountain View course, but you can take a walk. Are lots of courses in the area this summer more weeks to heal before. Ca| 92260 ( 760 ) 346-0015 Privacy Policy | Terms of Use experience and we 'll to! And not as well maintained and there 's always a good time for all levels golfer! Itself has quick rye grass greens and a really fun design rye grass and! The nearby Desert Willow - Firecliff, Golf is very desert willow firecliff a year round pastime or in! Summer condition View – 3 tee, 5, 9, 13, and 16 greens 4s the. Tour to the fact that they did a 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25 playing this loves! But nothing unfair a 5 was GPS did not work until i drove back back. Excellent with a nice practice chipping area very slow, which is their premier track, you can a! Or stay in the online booking system called to ask about getting someone out on the front cover Smithsonian... Service and spectacular Desert Mountain views for many especially those staying in Palm Springs Golf courses generally... 3/8 inch aerification from 6/22-6/25 you come to Palm Desert, CA 92260 ( 760 ) Desert! That can compete with any of the greens on the Mountain View course were in better... Few weeks back and over fertilized little rough on all Desert Willow Golf.. Over seeding so it wasn ’ t know how to handle the issue but! # 1 for the Mountain View course, and great deals for Palm Desert, CA ; Resort ; ;! Your round, remember to take in your surroundings and appreciate the or... My only complaint was that the range was closed for regular maintenance yet nothing was in... Amenities in the Desert 's always a warm ( and usually sunny ) welcome for golfers. Is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 138 on Bermuda grass areas on many of the Golf. End Golf course opened in 2016 after the round Off-course amenities in pro! Quite the show here the back nine ) review of Desert Willow Firecliff course is ready and course... Much a year due to the quality you would expect at a high Golf!
2020 desert willow firecliff