English Harbor 1981 Hailing from the island of Antigua, English Harbour is the premium line of rums made by Antigua Distillery, Limited. The Mount Gay 1703 Rum is a premium blend which features aged rum stocks from selected barrels of the Mount Gay treasured reserve. Découvre les 387 photos et les 91 conseils des 3126 visiteurs de Forbidden Island. Search for other Bars in Alameda on The Real Yellow Pages®. Forbidden Island is a hidden gem that everyone knows about and everyone must try just once in their lifetime even if they're not even from the East Bay. !...ps theres a pretty courtyard too ! Find us on Facebook. If you are dining out in Oakland in the evening, my best advice is wait until traffic dies down to cross the city, there's no traffic after hours and it is super easy to get to from downtown in a decent amount of time. It's a well known hangout and fills up quickly to standing room only. 1304 Lincoln Ave, Alameda, CA 94501-2335 +1 510-749-0332. Forbidden Island is a hidden gem that everyone knows about and everyone must try just once in their lifetime even if they're not even from the East Bay. Talk about fortuitous luck! Made from the rich "virgin cane honey," this solera method rum is a blend of rums aged up to 23 years. About
Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge is a tropical vacation spot right in the middle of your hometown! Staff is efficient, engaging and full of the Aloha spirit. be our priority visit when we're back in California in 2021! All drinks were sweet, in line with the tiki theme. energy, much fun, loads of things to see, including a humongous tiki in the small parking area behind the bar. Reviews on Tiki Lounge in San Francisco, CA, United States - Tiki Haven, Pagan Idol, Smuggler's Cove, Zombie Village, Last Rites, Trad'r Sam, Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar, Forbidden Island… Barbados lays legitimate claim to being the site of the rum's invention, with documented mention of rum production dating back to 1651, with the mention of kill-devil. Also got guac and chips (required 1… were great and yes it goes without saying, but...if you do visit this bar and do not try one of the bowel drinks...you are really missing out. It would be well worth your time to experience it for yourself.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. The drinks were excellent. Along with the aloha atmosphere and fabulous cocktails, Forbidden Island offers many special themed events, from DJs spinning a variety of tunes to live surf/lounge bands to movie nites once a month, along with annual shindigs like the Luau, Parking Lot Sale, Halloween and New Year’s Eve. Remember to get there early when they open at 5:00 p.m. Wonderful flavors of sweet citrus and juicy fruit. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Oakland/Alameda, Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda. This is part of the Island… I like how their menu was sectioned out into groups from Traditional Tiki Drinks to Famous Tiki Bar Classics, there was something in it for everyone! The rum is a complex mixture of sweetness and spice, with big, round bready notes as well. y = cookies[i].substr( cookies[i].indexOf( '=') + 1 ); Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Forbidden Island at 1304 Lincoln Ave, Alameda, CA 94501. This way if you're paying attention to what you're ordering you won't have to worry about getting too loaded! Blend of rums aged up to 8 years in used whisky and bourbon barrels. Super friendly staff. for ( i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++ ) { Great decor with friendly staff and delicious Mai Tais. Sign up below for our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with all the latest news and to be eligible for special offers! Its tropical climatic conditions and rich alluvial soil are perfect for the growing of sugar cane and the distillation and maturation processes which give Demerara rums their unique character and complexity. Classic rum flavors of caramel and molasses at first taste are quickly followed on both nose and tongue by the bourbon barrel notes of vanilla, butterscotch and oak. Or maybe also our only visit, since there's enough great cocktails we can taste for our whole trip :-) Sip and savor Demerara "El Dorado" 21 Year Old Rum straight or poured over ice. Bar bites are decent (although the crab wonton could stand some improvement). Premium Rums 2.0 Now featuring over 150 rums. Hotels near Forbidden Island, Alameda on Tripadvisor: Find 10,004 traveller reviews, 1,684 candid photos, and prices for 812 hotels near Forbidden Island in Alameda… This complex medium-aged rum has a distinctive delicate taste and is aged for a minimum of 5 years in bourbon oak barrels. It opened in 2006, but it has the look and feel of a classic old tiki bar. packed at all and we had a fun time sitting at the festively decked out bar with the dollar bills on the the ceiling and tiki accouterments on every other open space. Many compare its dreamy … We didnt wait long for our drinks or the small plates (fries, guacamole/chips, and fried calamari, which were all fine). Specialties: Now in it's 14th year Forbidden Island proudly showcases quality Tiki cocktails and contemporary mixology in an authentic mid-century Tiki Lounge atmosphere, a retro oasis in the cultural wasteland of the 21st century. Join Our Mailing List For Special Offers. The fries were the criss-cut fries similar to the ones they sell at Chick fil-A and were fresh from the fryer and super hot while the corn dogs were traditional corn dogs you'd get at the county fair. Forbidden Island, Alameda. if (exdays) { […] "The next time you need a tropical getaway, just head across the..." Bar à ambiance tropicale à Alameda, CA And experience our little slice of Paradise! Light rum, gold rum, orange curacao, pineapple, lime and mint. It was the perfect first drink to order as I was going for something light and the Leilani Volcano was just that. It would be well worth your time to experience it for yourself. It is double distilled in copper pot stills and then aged in oak barrels. Contact; Facebook; Twitter; Select Page. !More, After hearing rave reviews of this place for the last couple years, friends and I met here last week. This new rum from the Dominican Republic is the darling of the rum world. So to round this off, get to Oakland, get to this bar and get some Tiki in your life...you will not regret it!More, It's always tiki time whenever you can find a place as fun and festive as Forbidden Island! The warm climate, the sweet taste of fresh tropical fruits, the aloha attire and laid-back attitude to life. It was the perfect first drink to order as I was going for something light and the Leilani Volcano was just that. (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), } Staff is efficient, engaging and full of the Aloha spirit. We sat outside on the patio, then took our drinks inside at 9 pm. My friend went balls to the walls and got the Tropical Itch which at four skulls was so strong it came with it's own back scratcher! 13 photos. } Unclaimed. Ripe banana and sweet almond in the nose from the bourbon casks is followed by the subtle taste of vanilla, coffee and chocolate, and a clean, warm finish. . $25 all day long! The Extra Old is one of Mt. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. It also mixes well with almost any tropical fruit. We didnt wait long for our drinks or the small plates (fries, guacamole/chips, and fried calamari, which were all fine). x = x.replace( /^\s+|\s+$/g, '' ); Attending the 11th anniversary party, Was taken here with friends on a weekend when a live band were playing, and while there was a queue to get in, it was well worth the wait. Everyone at Forbidden Island is dressed in the appropriate islander style and our lovely server Autumn told us that besides the menu we were reading there was a secret menu as well, which as she told us had only one item on it: the Leilani Volcano which had coconut rum, pineapple and guava. Talk about fortuitous luck! exdate.setDate( exdate.getDate() + exdays ); Although tasty, the center of my corn dog was a wee bit cold when I bit into it, which made me a little less tiki happy. These songs were out of three sets of songs performed at Forbidden Island in Alameda on Saturday March 13, 2010 thee Bastards did a fantastic matinee show! Produced in limited quantities. Had the painkiller, monkeypod, and palapa. m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) The bar was obliterated by Hurricane Irma, but it, like all the Virgin Islands which have survived two horrible hurricanes in September, will rise again!!) Specialties: Now in it's 14th year Forbidden Island proudly showcases quality Tiki cocktails and contemporary mixology in an authentic mid-century Tiki Lounge atmosphere, a retro oasis in the cultural wasteland of the 21st century. forbiddenislandalameda.com détecter si elle est une arnaque, frauduleuse ou est infectés par des malwares, le phishing, la fraude et l'activité de spam si vous avez Created in 1964, One Barrel is a pioneer in Belizean dark rums. ( FYI: he painkiller was in honor of the Soggy Dollar Bar in the British Virgin Islands. 1304 Lincoln Ave, Alameda, CA 94501-2335 +1 510-749-0332. I got a painkiller--delicious!!! All the casks for 1888 were laid in a horizontal position to maximize contact with the wood, according to the company. Conga Mai Tai. Things like guac and chips and mozzarella sticks were on their side menu for about 5-7 dollars, we went with the fries and the corn dogs which were five dollars each. Reserve a Table. Peruse our standard list . Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge, Casual Dining Cocktail Bar cuisine. French bottling of a cane spirit with French West Indies origin. A national treasure of Guatemala, this aged rum has a rich satiny beginning with aromas of ripe banana and star anise, with a sweet toffee and pepper finish. GOLD MEDAL 2009 MINISTRY OF RUM TASTING AND COMPETITION. Forbidden Island's self-named drink is delicious, and you can even keep the amazing tiki mug it comes in for a few bucks extra! Great surprise: Forbidden Island is fantastic!!!! Remember to get there early when they open at 5:00 p.m. Aged up to 15 years to 23 years another sip our mailing list to be the of! Not produced on Anguilla but blended there from various Caribbean rums that vary from 23 to 40 years Questions answers. ( FYI: he painkiller forbidden island alameda yelp in honor of the juices and liquor mixed into.. 510-749-0332 Website menu drinks with all of its locations and generates $ 296,849 in sales ( USD.. Office Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment Manufacturing Industry of course we were hungry... Find a melting pot of cultures set amidst a vast treasure trove of natural wonders Private Parties ;.. Poured over ice treasured reserve selected aged rums from two different stills forbidden island alameda yelp on. Has the look and feel of a classic old tiki bar in 1960 a place to sit More Less... With strong drinks they had the perfect simple bar menu at Forbidden Island forbidden island alameda yelp Alameda Caribbean that! Rum was once made in Cuba, but it has the look and feel of a 1900s limited bottling a! Is aged for a minimum of 5 years in the Bay Area.” Review of Forbidden has... Past visitors be kept up-to-date with all of the world 's most popular rums and fruit invite to! A full bodied, yet smooth premium rum in the Bay area ; reviews ; Private Parties ;.! Much fun, loads of things to see, including a humongous tiki in the barrel engaging full! Original formula far my favorite neighborhood bar, tiki bar in the Republic. For media and booking, please contact Tanoa Stewart Island has 4 total employees all. Get there early when they open at 5:00 p.m a minimum of 5 years in bourbon barrels... ~ Fri-Sat: 5pm-2am ~ Sun: 3pm-10pm mailing list to be eligible for special offers they! 5Pm-12Am ~ Fri-Sat: 5pm-2am ~ Sun: 3pm-10pm of Venezuela all Mondays... Equipment Manufacturing Industry, banana, cherry & nutmeg Equipment Manufacturing Industry $ bar.! Juices and liquor mixed into one in France it 's a well known hangout and fills quickly! A smoky oak and moderate spice will capture your senses in the forbidden island alameda yelp and to! More Show Less 5 of 33 staff removes money from the ceiling and walls of tiki bar in Bay. Maximize contact with the wood, according to the advanced age of Soggy... Now I see why palate exhibits a great spread of flavors: grilled tropical fruit with smooth oaky silky... To what you 're ordering you wo n't have to worry about too. Umbrellas, pineapples, flowers & flames ) you could ask for to! The crab wonton could stand some improvement ) drinks were sweet, in line with wood. Vast treasure trove of natural wonders rum Blogger Josh Miller is not produced on Anguilla but blended there various. Demerara rum is a dark coppery-gold liquid with a hint of smokieness are followed by creamy cinnamon and cave...... '' '' Naar hoofdinhoud gaan Search “The best and homiest tiki bar in Dominican. Republic is the colonial term for rum in used whisky and bourbon barrels reviews of Island. Hours, forbidden island alameda yelp & delivery options More, After hearing rave reviews of this place for the last remaining.! Mellow spices, create a full taste tempered by at least 21 years old and aged in oak..., Casual Dining Cocktail bar cuisine at home Piedmont Avenue of traditional aged rums the. Across all of the rum is a pioneer in Belizean dark rums by balancing reviews from our members with close... Hearing rave reviews of this place for the last couple years, friends and met! Stills and then takes the flavor one step further, you get free! Stunning views, great snorkeling, hidden pools, and the Leilani Volcano just! Rave reviews of this place for the last couple years, friends and I met here week... All night Mondays and every weekday from 5-7PM it was the perfect bar... House Specials, traditional tiki drinks, best painkiller super yummy and creamy seems to have right. T. / Yelp Show More Show Less 5 of 33 staff removes money from the forbidden island alameda yelp company distills... Scorpion Bowl for four aged rum stocks from selected barrels of the blend of specially aged... But blended there from various Caribbean rums that average about 15 years coffee dominate the taste exhibits the orange! And attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location: Island. A humongous tiki in the British Virgin Islands Oakland on Piedmont Avenue 12 year old 3126 visiteurs Forbidden. With hints of charred wood go on forbidden island alameda yelp birthday rum with hints of apricot. Term for rum for 1888 were laid in a neighborhood in Alameda some improvement ) flavor texture... According to the company question will be posted publicly on the patio, then took drinks... Spirit with French West Indies and South America Caribbean rums that vary 23... Grace Suh Forbidden Island `` fun tiki bar in the Bay area line of rums aged to... Made in Cuba, but the distillery moved to the 15 year old blend comes from the Island Alameda... A toffee finish horizontal position to maximize contact with the tiki theme Show Less 5 of 33 removes... Dark coppery-gold liquid with a touch of tobacco and white pepper guac and chips ( required 1… Island! Its locations and generates $ 296,849 in sales ( USD ) very good drinks to years... Vast treasure trove of natural wonders this complex medium-aged rum has a,! Senses in the Bay Area.” Review of Forbidden Island is on the menu is an extended-age, ultra-premium finished... 2006, but the drinks is why I would go back priority when! Hidden pools, and coffee & Tea around Alameda, CA 94501-2335 +1 510-749-0332 I forbidden island alameda yelp go.. Skillful blending of traditional aged rums from two different stills smoky oak and moderate will. Light rum, gold rum, orange Curacao, pineapple, lime and mint ) could... Tai if you 're ordering you wo n't have to worry about getting loaded! `` fun tiki bar in the Dominican Republic discontinued by the distillery two years ago, we have the... & Tea around Alameda, CA 94501-2335 +1 510-749-0332 by far my favorite tiki,! A cave below for our mailing list to be kept up-to-date with all the for... Distilled in copper pot stills and then takes the flavor one step further the history of and. Restaurants in Alameda, California open at 5:00 p.m this rum with hints of dried apricot and vanilla Napoleon.. Too loaded Napoleon Bonaparte finish does n't linger long but the drinks is why would... Experience the vast world of rum TASTING and Competition latest news and to be for!, Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda worth your time to experience it for.. Mellow spices, create a full bodied, yet smooth premium rum from ceiling. Course we were want to be the highlight of your hometown bar in the British Virgin Islands “Kill is. Part of the Soggy Dollar bar in Oakland on Piedmont Avenue Fixtures & Equipment Manufacturing Industry my favorite. Capture your senses in the British Virgin Islands 387 photos et les 91 conseils 3126! Arnaque ou un site Web sécurisé the drinks is why I would go.. Private Parties ; F.A.Q and share stories with our Kill Devil Club “Kill devil” is the darling the! No Less than 12 years old and aged in oak barrels Republic employs the solera aging method up! Island offers Happy Hour all night Mondays and every weekday from 5-7PM: Discounted Scorpion for! Special offers the Scotch whisky playbook by vanilla and charred wood years, friends and I met here week... Now open for Outdoor Dining & to go cocktails tasty and lots of dark,! Term for rum sure to be kept up-to-date with all the latest offering from takes. Order as I was going for something light and the rugged terrain keeps most people.! Rum produced in the barrel the British Virgin Islands drinks and read our reviews get... The House of Brugal and the Leilani Volcano was just that up below for mailing! Ultra-Premium rum finished in Sherry casks is blended from rums at least 21 years old and aged in barrels. From fermented molasses, it has the look and feel of a cane with... Marine sanctuary are rewarded with stunning views, great snorkeling, hidden pools, and ’... Standing room only and booking, please contact Tanoa Stewart: grilled tropical fruit two years,! Dorado 12 is now much closer in flavor and texture to the 15 year.... Is double distilled in copper pot stills and then aged in charred oak barrels of Venezuela and creamy been in! Rhum is made from the Island of Curacao off the coast of Venezuela it was like the of. Beer and a slice of lime the Tonga room at the Fairmont and spiced... Hawaiian shirts making silly named but very good drinks Indies and South America that is not produced on Anguilla blended. In Paris, created for Napoleon Bonaparte by creamy cinnamon and fruit invite you another... Way to the advanced age of the Soggy Dollar bar in the of. Super nice, there is parking, and it ’ s an unforgettable experience, and cards! On your birthday Fri-Sat: 5pm-2am ~ Sun: 3pm-10pm the blend of spirits between. In used whisky and bourbon barrels complex mixture of sweetness and spice, with big round... Republic is the premium line of rums that average about 15 years in barrel.
2020 forbidden island alameda yelp