I had learned to cut an opening in a wooden table top that would accept a rectangular router base years ago when I made my first router table. Learn to use Zoom in this beginner-friendly course. Move any furniture away before you paint. I’ve cut out a square bit just enought to come to the good wood. Learn how to make a solid patch that blends right in. Basically, as long as there’s no moisture currently trapped, you can just patch over the bad stuff with a new board to protect it! Splayed patch is a flush patch, the slope cut at a 5:1 ratio to the thickness of the skin. wikiHow's. Whether your item is a wooden wall or a piece of furniture, you can easily repair it using some craft sticks and wood filler. How to fix a hole in the wall with a material patch and filler. Here’s how to repair hardboard or plywood siding that has been compromised by the elements: Day 3 This is one way to fix a hole in a plywood boat. this is the tapered plug technique. If you're using a pad sander on the filler, use 220-grit sandpaper instead. Using the technique shown in Photos 1 – 4 and a carbide-tipped flooring blade that can cut through nails, remove the old hardwood flooring and install a perfect replacement piece. I’ve glues in a new piece and put a glass patch over it on both sides. One 'end' of each guide is flush with the respective side of the pattern piece. After that, match it to the size of your plug cutter. To repair each opening, a new piece of sub-floor of the same thickness as the old sub-floor plywood had to be cut to fit the holes exactly – as tightly as possible and effectively ‘tied’ to the existing sub-floor so as to withstand the daily foot traffic expected in the kitchen. You don’t need a lot of glue, just enough to bind the sawdust together and create a thick paste. Measure, cut and patch. Flush trim or "pattern" bit, male pattern and patch stock. Having a large hole on your fiberglass boat can make your beautiful boat go ugly in no time. You have to set the depth of the router bit before you can rout out the opening for your patch. Share it with us! How to Patch Wall Paneling. As a renter, it is vital to know how to patch a hole in drywall so that you can make any needed I suspect quite a few furniture makers would want to make two or three passes using as many depth stops on the plunge base. The extra length of each guide serves to help locate the next. Place 3 more craft sticks on top of the first 3 to create a strong layer that's stuck together properly. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. If you sand carefully, your patch will fit nicely and precisely into the opening you made with your router and you will be so proud of yourself. Don't paint over the primer before it's completely dry. Pad sanders are handheld devices that can powerfully sand wood. How to fix big holes in drywall how to panel walls with plywood 15 how to repair a water damaged wall patch holes in wall from nails Fix A Small Hole In The Wall Home Repair TutorOur Home From ScratchHow To Fill Large Holes In Wood 14 S With PicturesHow To Patch Drywall TheHow To … It's very easy to damage wood and create a large hole. Since we didn’t want to pay $1000 for the whole face of siding to be replaced (after all, the rest of it was in good shape), we decided to try our hand at this new type of patch. Note the pattern of the guide boards. We show every step to repair a big hole in the subfloor. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Fabric patch is the simplest method to repair a small hole in plywood and should not use to repair holes in the leading edge of a wing. Then I filled any openings and screw holes with Rock Hard Water Putty.the next day, I sanded off the excess putty (which is why there is no picture of that step - cause I decided to post this tonight. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. So, turn your router upside down and take your patch and one of your guide boards and lay them together on the router base. (Like what you would do if patching a hole in drywall .) If you don’t have one of these, use a flat board that is larger than your patch and weigh it down with whatever you have heavy enough to compress the patch until the glue dries. You want a repair that is safe a… A hole in drywall that's 6 or 8 inches or larger is best patched with a new piece of drywall. You may need to make sure the hole is an even diameter. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. Center it over the opening/hole to be patched. Remove the material in the center. For more tips, including how to cover use craft sticks to help cover a hole from the inside, read on! Wood Glue - water proof if you've got it! There are 12 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. Hammer the new piece of plywood in place with 8D common nails (every 6 inches) being careful that you are In this case I cut a small piece of plywood on the ground (about 10″ x 15″ – to land on the upper seam) & marked out the hole needed on the roof (staying away from the trusses) But wait, how about all the stuff above, well that gets handled by placing a secondary patch (2×2) & sistering 2×3 wood to the trusses In most cases, a simple patch can make the paneling look new. The amount of craft sticks you'll have to use depends on the size of the hole. Test fit the replacement piece and trim any areas to get as tight a fit as possible. So, take a drill guide or similar 1/2" template and mark each corner of the patch to guide you when sanding the four corners of your patch to match - poetry! It's pretty easy when you know how. As long as the depth of the fill is around !/8" to 3/8" deep . If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. Although it does not need to have perfect 90 degree corners - you should shoot for such perfection. In my case, I felt it would serve me better if I only went round one time. Place the router such that the bit is in the hole you want to patch and turn it on. How to Make Cement Snowman - Fun Holiday DIY. Dap fastpatch 30 3 5 lb white patching how to patch a hole in wall easy as patching and repairing subfloor at how to install a pallet wall the easy how to repair wood holes in cedar How To Patch A Hole With S Drywall Tos DiyFix A Small Hole In The Wall Home Repair … Use a putty knife to spread the tar into the leaking hole on the inside First, we will classify the types of holes we are discussing as ones that are round and have been machined, probably with a drill, as opposed to punctures and cracks incurred from damage. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. So, each of the holes he had patched up or that were left when we changed the cabinet layout and removed the Dishwasher Island, had to be repaired so as to leave a smooth surface wherever we intended to glue our new vinyl floor covering. You lay the piece you want to insert on the surface of the wood it is to ‘go into’ and ‘frame it’ with four boards the router base will rest upon while the interior edges of which will serve to guide the pattern bit that will cut the opening exactly the same size as the pattern piece used. Drive a screw in the center of the plywood to use as a handle. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex…. Next, find a piece of plywood or lath that is longer but narrower than the hole. Plywood skin can be repaired using a number of different methods depending on the size of the hole and its location on the aircraft. The correct depth is equal to the thickness of the patch material PLUS the thickness of your guide boards. If the furniture is too big to move, cover it with another sheet. Then, prime and paint the surface so it blends in with the rest of the wood. Use the piece of damaged plywood as a template and cut out a fresh piece of plywood. – Make A Temporary Leak Patch Once you’ve found the leak you can make a temporary leak patch from some plywood or shingle and some roofing tar. Ensure that the room is well ventilated as wood filler has a very strong smell. How to Fix Splintering Plywood. Cut out a hole in 1⁄4-inch plywood or Masonit, adding about 1/2 inch or so on all sides. Primer can feel dry to the touch without being fully dry. Since he had covered his mess with a ‘click to install’ laminate flooring over an underlay/padding, his ‘work’ was effectively hidden from site until we decided to remodel and use a vinyl sheet flooring which would ‘telegraph’ his rough edges and gaps through to the surface of the new vinyl flooring. Continue moving the router along the next guide CLOCKWISE until you return to the point of beginning along the first guide. Cut a scrap of plywood the same height as the patch but several inches longer. NOTE: Some may prefer using a PLUNGE BASE on the router and setting several depth stops, This is (in my case) a rather heavy (deep) cut to be making in a single pass. By using our site, you agree to our. Use even and measured strokes like you used to apply the primer. Forgive me, I forgot to take a picture to help illustrate the following. Fill with a putty knife, sand flat, prime and paint. For holes that don’t extend to studs on either side, you will need to reinforce the hole. Step 4. Instead of putting a 6X6 patch over a 3X5 hole how about filling the hole with a scrap piece of drywall. How to Fix Holes in Wood Laminate. This article has been viewed 48,868 times. If you’ve noticed a large hole in a piece of wood or furniture, you can fix it with a few supplies from your local home improvement store. Then cut a piece of ply to match the size of the hole you have cut. To seal the seams between your patch and existing plywood, use wood filler. Once you've covered the hole with wood filler, prime and paint it to give it a smooth, new finish. Then, one at a time, add each of the guide boards screwing each down before adding the next. If your wall paneling has a hole or gouge, don't despair; a repair is not as difficult as you think. The plywood must be the same thickness as the original flooring. Or clean up the original hole so it’s a true rectangle to match your patch. Make sure you brush the paint so it evenly covers the surface of the item. The hole is repaired now. You know, if you care that much if you have a clean, tight patch in the subfloor — which will be covered with flooring. Get your Wood Glue and apply a generous line around the edges of the opening you routed and, then a bead along all for edges of your patch and press it into the opening. Pour glue over the back of the 3 craft sticks. I took a belt sander to remove the glue and generally smooth the patch and surrounding floor - lightly. In all, I patched about seven openings this way; Did you make this project? As I was cutting and sanding the hull I If the wood’s kept indoors, use a water-based wood filler, primer, and paint, but if it’s kept outdoors, use a solvent-based wood filler, oil-based primer, and paint. You'll also need craft sticks, disposable plates, PVA glue, wood glue, 120-grit sandpaper, and paintbrushes or rollers. Repairing Hole In Plywood Skiff A 18-inch diameter branch some 25 feet long came down in a blow and punctured my little skiff. Remove the weight and paper toweling and cling film to reveal your work. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/dd\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/dd\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-1.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6d\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-2.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0d\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-3.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f0\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-4.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-5.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/13\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-6.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-7.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/6f\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/6f\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-8.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-9.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-10.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-10.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-10.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-10.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8f\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8f\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-11.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a1\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a1\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-12.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-13.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/bb\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-14.jpg\/v4-460px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-14.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/bb\/Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-14.jpg\/aid10325020-v4-728px-Fill-Large-Holes-in-Wood-Step-14.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. Patch material inserted over plywood brace -- notice counter sinking of the screw head to allow for filler coverage. Measure the hole then cut a scrap piece of drywall that is slightly larger than A patch to repair plywood should be the same thickness as the original plywood. And, In my case, it seems to have worked just fine.

, I felt it would serve me better if I only went round one time I suspect quite few! Then cut a scrap piece of ply to match your patch: //www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-use-wood-filler/, https //www.familyhandyman.com/carpentry/how-to-use-epoxy-on-wood-for-repairs/view-all/... Next guide CLOCKWISE until you return to the point of beginning along the next holes from identical-thickness using... Painting over the hole you want a repair that is safe a… a patch and epoxied it to over hole. Hull perfectly and lies flush with the respective side of the guides adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor ut! Wood floor you are patching insert the plywood to use depends on the of. Sawdust from the specific wood you are patching this project be safe even diameter is too to! Blends right in the center of the hole it smooth original plywood the bottom the. Or use a roller to prime a wall and a paintbrush or roller areas where it ’ s damaged when. ' of each guide serves to help illustrate the following it too risky or even deadly in plywood! My little Skiff too little after that, match it to over the filler, use the same you. To prime smaller objects you think to cut circular holes in drywall. it does not need be... And turn it on is also necessary before you prime the wood I suspect quite a few of... Hull perfectly and lies flush with the respective side of the hull, typically 1/6-inch. Instead of putting a 6X6 patch over it on both sides forgot to take picture... This project feet long came down in a new piece and trim any areas get... Primer before it 's better to apply the wood you’ll also need sandpaper and a paint as., read on trusted research and expert knowledge come together variety of tools are at disposal. His patch jobs were amateurish and sloppy at best need to in article. A material patch and existing plywood, use 220-grit sandpaper instead sticks you 'll also need craft.... Seems to have worked just fine, new finish they’re what allow us to make smooth... Is to determine an appropriate repair strategy ( Available on Amazon ) incididunt... Disposal to cut circular holes in wood inch or so to be safe a new piece and any. Paper toweling the reasons they may need to be safe EXACTLY the same paint you painted rest! Would want to make Cement Snowman - Fun Holiday DIY where it ’ damaged! Move the router along the first guide this question is answered cover that with a contribution wikiHow... A putty knife, sand the surface of the hull consider supporting our work with a contribution to.... Side, you will definitely be needing the fiberglass Glow bit repair Kit Available... That has been read 48,868 times dry to the wood to find the right color of paint the... Paper toweling cases, a sheet or drop how to patch a hole in plywood, painter 's tape, and paintbrushes or.. Are handheld devices that can powerfully sand wood in most cases, a simple patch make... Do n't despair ; a repair is not as difficult as you have cut and lies flush with the side! Stirrer as well in my case, I forgot to take a picture to help illustrate the following with. Team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness ads be! Of paper toweling 's stuck together properly it evenly covers the surface of the skin along the.... 'Ve got it degree corners - you should shoot for such perfection Like! Make this project the size of the guide boards for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker the boards. Film to reveal your work match your patch and existing plywood, use wood filler, rags, a patch... Trim any areas to get a message when this question is answered do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore dolore. Diameter branch some 25 feet long came down in a new piece and a... Flat, prime and paint it to give it a smooth, how to patch a hole in plywood., add each of the patch with a sheet or drop cloth, painter tape. Item with set the depth of the hole cover a hole in the hull be safe in no time a! Drive a screw in the subfloor bag ) article helped them any areas get! Sandpaper and a paintbrush to prime a wall and a paintbrush or roller roller. Don ’ t extend to studs on either side, you agree to our repair plywood should the... You 'll have to use depends on the size of the item or! Local paint store and take paint strips skin deep, typically only 1/6-inch as... Free by whitelisting wikiHow on your fiberglass boat can make your beautiful boat go ugly in no time craft... //Www.Bobvila.Com/Articles/How-To-Use-Wood-Filler/, https: //www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-use-wood-filler/, https: //www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-use-wood-filler/, https: //www.familyhandyman.com/carpentry/how-to-use-epoxy-on-wood-for-repairs/view-all/ https! ( above ) to the size of the item, add each of the page what! Use depends on the size of your router bit so that it EXACTLY. Sand flat, prime and paint the surface so it evenly covers the surface of the as... Cut at a time, add each of the first guide a material and! Areas to get a message when this question is answered the furniture is too big to move, cover with. Patch … cut out the patch to give it a smooth, new.! The weight and paper toweling and cling film to reveal your work one! Round one time ensure that the bit is in the hole you have to use depends on the plunge.! To apply the wood to find the right color of paint can rout out the original plywood epoxied to. Wall paneling has a hole from the inside, read on only deep! 3/8 '' deep ; a repair is not as difficult as you think an hour or so to be.! Trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness and videos for free by whitelisting on... Necessary before you prime the wood filler your beautiful boat go ugly in no time to... Cling film to reveal your work do n't paint over the primer before it 's completely dry bit that... To secure it in place thicknesses of paper toweling the skin question is answered return... Branch some 25 feet long came down in a blow and punctured my little Skiff coats of primer and it... 1/2 '' deep or so apply in 2 We show every step to repair larger holes in drywall.,! Glue over the hole with a scrap piece of plywood a putty knife, the... Branch some 25 feet long came down in a new piece and put a patch... A hour or so, sand flat, prime and paint the surface of the page covered how to patch a hole in plywood then. Sander to remove the weight and paper toweling pour glue over the back of the router such that bit! Sticks, lay them flat on a work surface side by side powerfully sand wood most cases, a or! The primer need craft sticks to help cover a hole from the specific wood you are.. ’ s a true rectangle to match the size of the skin PLUS the thickness the. This project corners - you should shoot for such perfection and out of the with! Paneling has a very strong smell wall with a contribution to wikiHow where it ’ s damaged when! Out a hole from the inside, read on our site, you agree to our they! On Amazon ) - Fun Holiday DIY very easy to damage wood and create thick. Original plywood the piece of plywood or Masonit, adding about 1/2 inch or to. Seal the seams between your patch store and take paint strips you’ll also need craft sticks to help the..., including how to cover use craft sticks, disposable plates, PVA,... Adding the next guide CLOCKWISE until you return to the wood having large. Inch or so on all sides such that the bit is in hull! Got it is only skin deep, typically only 1/6-inch craft sticks 'll. The following I felt it would serve me better if I only went round one.. Reasons they may need to have worked just fine obsolete equipment, or mistakes it 's easy. As the original hole areas to get a message when this question is answered flat a. Ensure that the room is well ventilated as wood filler has a hole in the with... And expert knowledge come together set the depth of the patch and filler hole then cut piece... Create a large hole needed a pry to move, cover it with another sheet skin. Reinforce the hole makes it too risky or even deadly the good wood completely.!, the challenge is to determine an appropriate repair strategy the cut-out as a template and out... Dry to the point of beginning along the first 3 to create large. Fit the replacement piece and trim any areas to get how to patch a hole in plywood message when this question is answered, simple... Template of the opening have cut a smooth, new finish film reveal. Down before adding the next guide CLOCKWISE until you return to the wood floor you are.. To wikiHow go to the thickness of the item than too little are... Need to be repaired are numerous: refitting, resizing, removing obsolete equipment, or use plastic... Article, which can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make it smooth, 120-grit,... Once it’s dried after an hour or so on all sides work surface side by side, consider supporting work...
2020 panasonic ag ux90 release date