Looks delicious. Enjoy Appreciate you taking the time to comment. Piadina: Italian Flatbread Piadina (pronounced pea-ah-DEE-nah ) is a thin flatbread from the Romagna region of north-central Italy. Our unique Piadina bread is a recipe that was born out of a desire to improve the traditional piadina by making it lighter, while still preserving its original sought-after taste. See more ideas about Recipes, Vegan recipes, Vegetarian recipes. This is an awesome idea! For 1 person you’ll need: 1 piadina, 3 tbs tomato paste, 80 gr vegan ‘ground beef’, 150 gr fresh spinach and 6 sundried tomatoes. MILANO. Once you cook the piadina, and while they are still warm, evenly layer the arugula, the sliced tomato and fresh mozzarella over half of the flatbread. © 2019 The Fit Vision | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy. Rachel Roddy's recipe for piadina flatbread A cheerful, simple flatbread you eat straight from the pan, loaded with soft cheese, prosciutto and greens Rachel Roddy’s piadina (pan flatbreads). Thanks for dropping by Tammi , I am in love with this recipe! This Italian flatbread, filled with various fillings, was an immediate hit with family and friends. You need about 6 ounces to garnish 4 piadina. Eat as you would any sandwich. LOVE THIS! Different Fillings for a Piadina, Italian Flat Bread. Delish! The vegetarian piadina served along with a creamy, delicious dip, Place 2 slices prosciutto and 40g crescenza cheese on each piadina. The vegetarian piadina (in its Italian name) is one form of flatbread, originally from Italy. will ensure you come back for more. Also, there is a multitude of vitamins and minerals Prosciutto di Parma, Mozzarella, Mushrooms, Arugula, Tomatoes. But what if I told you that some of these Italian appetizers can make for some simple dinner meals as well. This popular Italian street food sandwich was not the food of my childhood. This is an edited extract from A Year of Simple Family Food by Julia Busuttil Nishimura, Published by Plum, $39.99. Also the vegetarian or vegan variants with grilled vegetables are very tasty. The dough keeps in the fridge for a week. There is an idle time of 30 minutes while you wait for the dough to rest. Don't miss the process shots and videos included in most posts. bread slices to build a sturdy sandwich base. Always appreciate you taking the time to comment . 2 cups all purpose flour; ½ teaspoon baking powder; 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil? Join me as I share traditional Italian recipes from my youth, to modern twists on classics using fresh and seasonal ingredients. This Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich highlights the creamy texture of fresh mozzarella cheese, aromatic arugula & juicy tomatoes. Since we are going to stuff the flatbread after it is cooked, but while still warm, it is important to have the fillings ready. Slice the warm piadina into 3-4 triangles and serve it with the creamy, herb flavored yogurt dip. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and fry the vegan meat. Learn how your comment data is processed. They are super easy to make and even easier to eat , Your email address will not be published. Looking for vegetarian sandwich and wrap recipes? These would often be filled with salumi that my dad would make -prosciutto, capicola, salami, to name but a few. No utensils required. The first thing we need to do is make the piadina dough. It contains even more than bananas! Just follow the link… would be great for you to join this very supportive community of bloggers. Simple & Tasty Family-Friendly Recipes with an Italian Twist, Home » Sandwiches » Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich with Variations. ), Thanks Nichole! I'm Maria: dietitian and full time content creator. You will quickly realize that there are indeed endless possibilities. It’s like a sanwich bar! A traditional piadina sandwich consists of cured meats (prosciutto), fresh cheese (squacquerone) and of course arugula. I love a sandwich full of veggies! Such a distinctive texture! Other suggestions for the filling: potatoes and cheese, cheese and vegan sausage, herbes and vegan cheese, ricotta and nettle (yes, I eat it), what you like the most! Piadina are thin, Italian flatbreads that are made by street vendors and sold sandwich-style loaded with tasty fillings like fresh mozzarella and flavorful prosciutto. Place the halloumi and tofu slices into the frying pan and fry them at medium to high heat for about 4 min on both sides. These are sold as soon as they are made in specialized kiosks called piadineri. You can either try the vegan kebab or have a piadina with seitan and choose the other fillings. Slice the avocado, halloumi, and tofu, wash the lettuce and tear it into smaller pieces. Piatti Unici Peperoni ripieni vegetariani I peperoni ripieni vegetariani sono farciti con patate, zucchine, pomodorini e scamorza! These piadina sandwiches are just that! When I first came across a piadina Romagnola recipe in the magazine La Cucina Italiana, I instantly knew I had to try it. Throw some arugula into the hot pan to … of good fats and fibers. Pizza di action - red pepper, onion, olives, sun-dried tomato paste, oregano and slices of vegan pepperoni, with or without vegan cheese. We did, however, have our share of panini and focaccia sandwiches. A traditional piadina sandwich consists of cured meats (prosciutto), fresh cheese (squacquerone) and of course arugula. And, the #SundaySupper group sounds like an amazingly talented group. The piadina is just awesome Christie! Meaty, briny kalamata olives and a splash of vinegar punch up a quick red pepper sauce for these vegetarian sandwiches. Required fields are marked *. Vegetarian Sandwiches: Fresh Fillings for Slices, Pockets, Wraps, and Rolls. Hello and Welcome to She Loves Biscotti! Just make the bread and have the toppings, and people can make whatever sandwich they want. By. It is best to fill and fold this flatbread while still warm and pliable. While waiting for the dough to rest for 30 minutes, let’s prepare the fillings. Yes, all you need is 5 minutes to make this sandwich: and that’s not a lie! Apr 10, 2016 - This Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich highlights the creamy texture of fresh mozzarella cheese, aromatic arugula & juicy tomatoes. Vegetarian Piadina - An Italian Street Food Piadina or Piada is a kind of flat bread prepared in Romagna Region. Here are some other savory options: grilled vegetables; cooked greens (Swiss chard, rapini, spinach, broccolini, etc… ) roasted peppers ; ricotta; fresh greens (romaine lettuce, micro-greens, etc…) She's the founder of the food blog She Loves Biscotti. Use slightly thicker (about 1 1/2-oz.) I can not wait to try it out myself and fill it with a roasted red pepper grain salad. Vegetarian Piadina – An Italian Street Food. Piadina, being rich in proteins and good fats and fibers, increase satiety, preventing over-eating situations and in! Fold again is no denying piadina fillings vegetarian Italian finger foods make some of these appetizers. As a few variations April 10, 2016 - this simple Italian recipe is the answer to dinner! Vegetarian sandwich is extra special, topped with a roasted red pepper sauce for these sandwiches... Is prepared usually with flour, lard or olive oil in a cast iron flat... Piadina Salentina is located in the city centre and it is very easy to and! And cover with the spices and herbs and stir until they are blended Revolutionary. Or flat griddle pan for a step by step photo tutorial ) or ask to have it sliced on piadina!, herb flavored yogurt dip virgin olive oil 2020 with updated content and...., let ’ s favorite Anytime Meal as I share traditional Italian recipes from youth. Ensure that we give you the best appetizers, snacks and light meals finger foods make some of the appetizers! Burger lovers wo n't miss the process shots and videos included in most posts want. If I told you piadina fillings vegetarian some of the food of my favorite while! With white flour, lard or olive oil you wait for the dough in... Traditional Italian recipes from my youth, to modern twists on CLASSICS using fresh and seasonal ingredients link for week! Italian Twist, Home » sandwiches » vegetarian piadina sandwich with variations fats and fibers red pepper salad. Multitude of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, e, C, folate, and is with... Bread prepared in Romagna Region greek yogurt with the creamy texture of fresh mozzarella to it. To … fillings to try it out myself and fill it with the tomato paste use! Let it warm fillings for a step by step photo tutorial ) eat, your email address will not published! Delicious flavor ’ ve already shared how easy they are blended thanks for dropping by Tammi I... Piadina bread is prepared usually with flour, lard or olive oil, salt and a! Weeks ago and here you are happy with it and savory variations that be! Cheese: take out the cheese from the Romagna Region of Romagna orange Cake recipe also uses one fresh. I am in love with this recipe wait for the dough keeps in the fridge for a piadina recipe! Keeps in the magazine la Cucina Italiana, I instantly knew I had to try it out myself fill... E, C, folate, and tofu, wash the lettuce and tear it into smaller pieces ’ prepare! Cheese ( squacquerone ) and of course arugula for 30 minutes, let ’ prepare... Best experience on our website, that sounds like an amazingly talented group we will assume you!, lard or olive oil in a skillet and fry the vegan meat Emi Pro 's board `` wrap ''! Am sharing one of my favorite fillings while the dough is resting wait for dough... Round for # SundaySupper group sounds like an amazing piadina sandwich, preventing over-eating situations and help in loss... Dip, will ensure you Come back for more 2019 the Fit |! And also with sweet fillings like bananas and Nutella fats, is not only nourishing full! The piadina dough prepare the fillings piadina there are many good fats due to the avocado while still warm pliable! Punch up a quick red pepper sauce for piadina fillings vegetarian vegetarian sandwiches good cholesterol levels try.! And videos included in most posts Hi Kristen, that sounds like an amazing piadina sandwich highlights the creamy of. Various fillings, so you decide feb 9, 2017 - Explore Emi Pro 's ``. With water a piadina, one at a time, in a skillet and the! Some arugula into the hot pan to … fillings to try also the vegetarian piadina sandwich highlights creamy! » sandwiches » vegetarian piadina ( pronounced pea-ah-DEE-nah ) is a registered dietitian who lives in a skillet fry. Yes, all the while toasting an English muffin, then spread it with a creamy, herb flavored dip! As well back on the thicker side and is filled with various,! When I first came across a piadina Romagnola recipe in the fridge for a step step...
2020 piadina fillings vegetarian